The delicious warmth from the fireball in the sky (I am sure) is about the only thing that keeps me alive... Ahhh... Summer ☀️☀️☀️.
I am so grateful to be able to begin a new year within my favourite season and so I thought I would share 6 of my favourite things to do throughout the warmer months.
1. I love to sun-bake 😬... In these times? I know right. Gone are the days when you can lather yourself with coconut oil and lay out like a lizard all day. The sun is harsher than ever and especially so in outback Australia, so I at least try to soak up the rays as safely as I can; utilising the early morning sunshine, being sure to wear sunscreen all over and limiting my time (with a timer) to no more than an hour in one day.
2. Late night hand-tennis tournaments in the driveway with the kids. We even have the lines marked out permanently with masking tape that has survived many years having glued itself to the cement. My son thinks he is the champion, but clearly it's me 🤷🏻♀️.
3. Family Adventure Days. Pile in the kids, the dogs in the back of the car, and drive out to the bush somewhere, or better still to head out to the lakes, and just walk and climb and explore, swim if it is an option. Ice-cream for all and a dog-wash on the way home.
4. Photography. It has been many years since I have had the time but watch out summer 2020/21! Getting out and about, finding something interesting to capture. Or spending the day exploring in some random location (see #3) experiencing my surroundings through the eye of the lens.
5. Enjoying the outdoors on hot summer nights any way I can! Dressed up enjoying a cocktail or two in the open air bars or lying on the back lawn watching the stars or just chilling on the verandah barefoot and fancy free.
6. Being by the water. And yes I mean exactly that. Being by the water. I'm not a big fan of being in the water, other than the occasional dip, but I do love to be near it. By the pool, by the lake, by the river, by the ocean. There is just something about it for me that screams summer, and I can just melt into that.
Be sure to reply and let me know what you enjoy about the summer! If at all... you can simply reply with a great big SUMMER SUCKS, I'll try not to hold it against you 😉.
Be bold, be sexy, be fierce, and be grateful for summer!
🥰 Tanya x Marie